A year ago, stock portfolios were significantly rebalanced, sparking a bear market in the Stock Index futures markets. The start of 2023 bears asking about the necessity of rebalancing; is the traditional 60/40 stocks-to-bonds ratio on its way out?
How Portfolio Rebalancing May Affect Traders
Futures trading experts dissect the current bond environment, and how increasing rates could define the 60/40 ratio as preferential to bonds. They also discuss how the Fed’s policies prior to 2022 have pushed bonds down.
Additional topics covered in the livestream include:
- An opinion on the possibility of a soft landing for the economy vis-à-vis fed policy
- An explanation of why 10-year yield futures tend to trend towards psychological levels
- An alternate interpretation of the easing of rates using the CME’s Fed Watch tool
- A look at the debt ceiling and the threat of a federal government shutdown
- Charting and price analysis of Euro FX, 10-Year Yield, Gold and E-Mini S&P futures
Ready for More?
Join NinjaTrader’s daily livestream events as we prepare, analyze, and trade the futures markets in real-time. View Upcoming Events
Get Started with NinjaTrader
NinjaTrader supports more than 500,000 traders worldwide with a powerful and user-friendly trading platform, discount futures brokerage and world-class support. NinjaTrader is always free to use for advanced charting and strategy backtesting through an immersive trading simulator.
Download NinjaTrader’s award-winning trading platform and get started with a free trading demo with real-time market data today!